A Complete Solution for Document Processing
FlexStream is a document processing solution, unmatched in its versatility and
performance. FlexStream lets you add scancodes to your documents to be used by
your inserter and manipulate and enhance the contents of your mailing. With
FlexStream you can:
- Increase the integrity of your mailings by adding scancodes that can
be used by inserters.
- Reduce postage costs by combining documents intended for the same
recipient into a single mail piece.
- Turn your document into a marketing tool by adding conditional text,
graphics and barcodes and by utilizing selective feeding.
- Eliminate the costs of preprinted forms by adding overlays and digital
inserts to your documents.
- Convert traditional simplex printed documents to duplex to reduce
paper costs and provide additional postage savings.
- Save costs by e-mailing all or a selection of your documents.
FlexStream loads existing PDF files and runs independently of existing software,
so there is no need to change existing systems. Files are processed at high speeds
and the result may be printed on any printer.
There is no need for specialized personnel to operate the software. FlexStream
is easy to use because of its intuitive user interface incorporating ribbons,
tooltips, context sensitive help, and wizards that take users through more
complex tasks. Because of its close similarity to the latest Microsoft Office,
it is very easy to understand FlexStream’s user interface and operation.
The FlexStream software is available in several languages.
FlexStream comes in three different editions so, depending on your production
requirements, you can select a FlexStream solution that fits your needs:
- FlexStream Basic
FlexStream Basic is the solution for users who need to add scancodes
(OMR, 1D or 2D BCR) to PDF files without the need to change the
- FlexStream Advanced
In addition to adding scancodes, FlexStream Advanced offers extended
document manipulation and enhancement features for users who need
to add additional contents or want to change the layout of documents.
- FlexStream Professional
FlexStream Professional adds document management features like digital
inserts, e-mail capabilities, archiving documents, and closed loop
FlexStream can be extended with with additional services supporting Secure & Tracked
email and to prepare mail according to the USPS postal standards.
- USPS Mail Processing
The Address hygiene and Presort services available through Flex Systems’
USPS™ Mail processing module enable you to presort your documents according
to USPS standards to get the lowest possible postage rates.
- Secure & Tracked Email
FlexStream offers a robust secure and tracked email service for sensitive business
documents. FlexStream makes it easy to select the documents to be emailed, send
the emails with the confidence that they will reach their intended recipients
without passing into the wrong hands, and offers extensive tracking, audit, and
FlexStream Basic is the solution for users who need to add scancodes (OMR, 1D or 2D BCR) to
their documents to increase integrity and enable automatic processing on inserters and who
want to reduce costs by combining documents for the same addressee into single mail pieces.
- Open one or more document files in PDF or PDF/A format.
- Process duplex or single sided files and make single sided files duplex.
- Remove leading (cover) and trailing pages from the imported document files.
- Scale imported documents to a selected output size and move contents on the
- Use templates for recurring jobs, eliminating the need to set up jobs that are
run on a regular basis.
- Extract data from your PDF documents to be used for further processing in print
objects or to make comparisons and decisions inside the program.
- Data is retrieved from specified areas and may contain text or graphics.
- Use pattern matching to search for specific data within larger areas, replace
parts of the text, and format the result.
Breaks and Grouping
- Define breaks that mark the end of one document and the beginning of another.
Breaks can be based on a fixed number of pages, data contained on a page, or
data changing between pages.
- Group documents for the same recipient into single mail items (sets) based on
data contained in the documents, with the option to minimize the number of mail
- Overcount splitting allows you to control what is done when the total number
of pages of all documents is larger than the maximum for a mail piece. They
may be split into multiple items or processed separately.
- Previewing results of breaking, grouping, sorting and conditional scancode
marks in a datasheet.
- A job summary lists the details of the processed input files, the documents and
sets made, and selective feeds. It also includes operator instructions for
further processing on the inserter.
- Add scancodes for your inserter. Pre-defined scancodes for inserters of all major
manufacturers are included in the program. FlexStream supports OMR and scancodes
based on 1-D and 2-D barcodes.
- Set up scancode configurations that match the options of your inserter and modify
them to meet your specific needs.
- All features usually found in scancodes are supported: Integrity features like page-,
document- and set-numbering; Selective operations like divert, sort, seal etc.;
Selective feeds based on any condition you specify.
- Guides help you in positioning the scancode according to the specifications of your
- Scancodes can be made opaque and blank out areas can be added to cover unwanted
elements on your layout.
FlexStream Advanced is designed to manipulate and enhance existing PDF documents. All features
of the basic edition to add scancodes to documents are available. On top of that the Advanced
edition enables users to add (conditional) text, graphics and barcodes to the document to turn
documents into promotional tools.
Advanced Document Options
- Link to PDF document files in different layouts. This makes it possible to combine
e.g invoices and orders or shipping documents in a single mail piece.
Advanced Processing Features
- Document break definition and grouping features as in FlexStream Basic.
- Sort sets and documents within a set in the required order. E.g. sort your sets
on postcode and the documents in a set on invoice number.
- Job splitting based on any condition (e.g. set size) to divide a job in batches
to be handled separately.
Additional Data Fields
- Next to text and graphics captured from the document, data may be based on (decoded)
- Look-up fields to link document data to other data contained in databases or to
generate filenames for variable graphics.
- Date/time fields in any format.
- Calculated fields based on Visual Basic procedures.
- Postal functions to generate contents of indicia and postal barcodes.
- Add scancodes (for a full description, see FlexStream Basic).
- Add any fixed or variable text based on a condition.
- Supports over 80 different barcodes, including 2-D barcodes and postal barcodes.
- Include fixed and variable graphics in a wide variety of formats.
- Add postal indicia and postage paid imprints.
- Add overlays to your documents.
- Dynamic (conditional) input paper tray selection (e.g to print first or last page
of a document on specific paper).
- Print output on multiple printers.
- Export data from the generated datasheet.
FlexStream Professional adds document management features like adding digital inserts,
email capabilities and preparing documents for archiving. FlexStream Professional also
offers features for closed loop processing with verification and reprints.
- Add digital inserts. These are pages from PDF-files that are (conditionally)
added to the documents, before the documents are printed.
- Digital inserts can be conditional and variable, so inserts can be added
depending on the contents of the main document.
- Digital inserts can be added to each document or once per mail piece only.
Closed Loop Processing
- Export job and set data to a file for processing by the inserter in any user
- Import job and set data for comparison with the printed job for verification
- Documents can be removed from the print stream and be emailed instead. Documents
may also be emailed and printed. All based on a condition you specify.
- The email with the attached documents can be mailed using SMTP or an Exchange
pick-up directory, making integration easy.
- Digital inserts and digital versions of selective feeds can be included in the
- Digital copies in PDF format of the (e-)mailed documents can be saved to a
directory to be archived
- You may choose if you want to include digital inserts and/or digital versions of
any selective insert which was added on the inserter to the archived documents.
FlexStream opens and reads the following documents:
- Adobe compatible PDF Files
- Adobe compatible PDF/A Files.
The following data types may be captured from the documents:
- Text in any font.
- Any type of graphics.
- 1-D (Linear) barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 39 Ext., Code 93, Code 128, 2 of 5 Interleaved,
Codabar, Patch Code, and EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E (all with 2 and 5 digit supplements)
- 1-D Postal barcodes: USPS PostNet, USPS Planet, USPS Intelligent Mail Barcode, Royal Mail RM4SCC,
and Australia Post.
- 2-D barcodes: PDF-417, DataMatrix, QR Code, and Micro QR Code.
OMR and BCR Marks
Depending on the capabilities of your insterter, FlexStream can generate the following
OMR and BCR Marks:
- Read marks: bench mark, safety, partity, and re-timing marks.
- Integrity marks: page number, page count, page sequence, set sequence.
- Collation marks: (Not)Beginning of collation, (Not)End of Collation.
- Selective feed marks and selective operation marks like divert, stop, seal etc.
- Supported coding types are OMR, Code39, Code128, 2 of 5, and Datamatrix.
- CMC: Turbocode.
- Formax: 6202, 6302, 6304, 6402, 6602, 6900 and 7100 Series.
- FPi: FPi2000-2, FPi4030, FPi4500, FPi5500, FPi6500.
- Grützmacher: Easy, Easy Light, Challenge Pro Series.
- Hasler: M3000, M5000, M5500, M7000, M8600, M9000, PS100, PS140.
- KAS: Compact, Mailmaster 465HS, Mailmaster 565HS.
- Neopost: DS-62, DS-70, DS-75, DS-80, DS-86, SI-92, DS-100, DS-140.
- Pitney Bowes: DI380, DI425, DI500, DI600, DI880, DI900, DI950, DI4080,
DI4100, DI6080, DI6100.
- Plockmatic 4000 System.
- Secap: SI3300, SI3500, SI4200, SI4400, SI5200, SI5400.
- Any other inserter over fully custimizable scancodes in OMR, Code39, Code128,
2of5, and Datamatrix formats.
For successful installation and use of FlexStream, your system should meet the following requirements:
||Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012. All of these in both 32bit and 64bit.
||Windows 10 (64bit).
||Intel i5 ~2.66 Ghz.
||Intel core i7 ~3.2 Ghz.
|Free HD Space:
||1280 x 1024
||1920 x 1080
||Only required for Postal and Secure and Tracked email modules.
||Internet access for updates, online scripting help, easy licensing, latest drivers, etc.