Flex Systems has released the new versions of both FlexMail and FlexStream today. They are both available on our
website for download now!
FlexMail 4.3 and FlexStream 1.3 are brought up-to-date with the most recent technologies and have some
new features based on the feedback of users and dealers. Next to incorporating all additions made since
the introduction of the x.2 versions, the most important improvements are:
- A new database engine that will be able to read the latest Excel files next to the current databases.
- An updated pdf engine that will be faster, read almost any pdf file, and will produce smaller pdf
- The implementation of the ink cost calculator in FlexMail that can be used to estimate ink costs
for inkjet printers.
- Pdf output files in FlexStream may be split on any condition (e.g to create separate files
per set size).
- Support for the new Specialty iM2 UV curable inkjet printer. We will provide you with more extensive
information about this interesting new printer soon, but if you want details now, please let me know.
- Additional USPS presort functions including support for the USPS ® EDDM ® (Every Door
Direct Mail) mail service (free for all subscriptions types) and new address hygiene options like apartment
append, phone append and geocoding (at an additional charge).
The new versions will also give us a solid base for futher developments and improvements that we are planning
for the near future.
All users that have maintenance on the software will be eligible for a free upgrade to the new versions. In addition,
all new licenses issued since September 1st may be upgraded for free to the new versions. Please note
that in order to upgrade to FlexMail 4.3 or FlexStream 1.3, the software needs to be downloaded from the web site
and be reinstalled. The new versions can be installed next to the old versions and will automatically be licensed
if the user is entitled to a free upgrade (and has internet connection).