A Complete Solution for Code Creation, Verification, Reading and Processing
The FlexVision system is developed for deployment in the document production and processing environment
like addressing and inserting. The system is designed to increase productivity and integrity with an
easy to use and affordable solution. FlexVision is developed with the following applications in mind:
Read a barcode, look up the address or any additional data in a database and print the
information. Fast random searches are supported.
- Closed-loop processing
Monitor mail piece printing or inserting and enable easy reconciliation of faulty or
missing mail pieces by checking off or time stamp records in a database when they pass
the reader to ensure 100% mailings and/or reprints.
Match documents that are collated from different stations on inserters (including
swing-arm-inserters) or other production lines and make sure the items match.
- In-line barcode grading
In-line barcode grading according to several ISO/IEC standards to ensure that printed
barcodes meet the (postal) specifications. Includes verification of postal 4-state
barcodes (e.g. IMB, Royal Mail 4-state etc.).
- Image capture
Capture and index images of documents or envelopes for archiving and as proof that the
item was handled correctly.
One Single Integrated System
Putting a vision system together no longer requires the risky and time consuming integration of
hardware and software of different vendors. Flex Systems’ FlexVision system is developed as a
single turnkey system consisting of all necessary key components that seamlessly fit together:
A choice of two different industry standard cameras for code reading depending on
your needs and application. Both have integrated lighting and autofocus.
An I/O controller offering connections for cameras, encoders, digital inputs, and
TCP/IP as well as outputs to control devices and an optional light tower with alarm.
FlexMail or FlexStream professional printing and document processing software with
access and control of the controller, camera and any other connected device completely
integrated. No need for additional software.
Easy Deployment and Operation
The system is easy to setup and guarantees a very fast turn-around time between varying jobs.
Plug and Play installation with automatic detection of both the FlexVision I/O
controller as well as any connected FlexVision camera.
Camera setup from within the software with intelligent tuning. Image based reader
visualization allows you to see what the reader sees for image review or no-read
feedback, directly and completely integrated in the FlexMail and FlexStream software.
Powerful processing of received input by FlexMail or FlexStream. Processing
steps are defined by filling out some simple setup windows.
FlexVision Components for any Requirement
The FlexVision hardware consists of a universal I/O controller and a choice of two different
camera systems. The system can be extended with additional cameras and in- and output devices
to control any production environment. If necessary, multiple FlexVision systems can be linked.
No matter what your production requirements may be, there is a FlexVision solution that fits
your needs and budget
A System that Suits your Needs
The FlexVision cameras are optimized for the highest read rates in the most challenging applications.
Advantages include: Omnidirectional code reading, extreme perspective code reading and reading of
damaged, poorly printed or barcodes with quiet zone violations, reading through windows envelopes.
FlexVision 260 offers industry-leading performance with patented code-reading technology,
fast communication and superior optics.
- Integrated lighting, camera, processor and communications.
- Variable focus liquid lens technology, so there is no need to manually adjust the focus.
- Up to 45 decodes per second.
- Integrated laser aimer.
- Straight or right-angled configurations to fit into the tightest spaces.
The FlexVision 260 model is your choice for fixed setups and/or limited spaces.
Capable of handling the most difficult-to-read codes as well as challenging 1-D and 2-D
codes. This reader also supports barcode grading.
- Controllable lighting ensuring the highest read rates (up to 60 decodes
- Intelligent tuning automatically adjusts the settings of the integrated
- Variable focus optics automatically finds the optimal setup for the
- In-line barcode grading and postal barcode (e.g. IMB, Royal Mail 4-state)
The FlexVision 360 model is your choice for reading at high speeds under variable conditions
and barcode inspection.
Universal FlexVision Controller
The FlexVision controller is an integrated device that provides all logic and connectors to
connect cameras, encoders and an alarm plus handle digital inputs and digital outputs. The
controller is connected to the network or PC over a Gigabit Ethernet connection.
- Supports up to 3 FlexVision cameras. FlexVision 260 and FlexVision 360 cameras may be
- 3 high speed encoder inputs allow for tracking items over multiple transports.
- 6 digital inputs are available to connect sensors or other input devices.
- 7 digital (relay) outputs enable you to control the machine (e.g. start/stop) and any
other hardware like diverters, stackers, batch kickers etc.
- A 3-color alarm with audio can be connected to inform the operator about processing
Optional encoders, sensors and light tower are available. All wired and with connectors
ready to be plugged in the FlexVision controller.
Easy to Set-up and Flexible Processing
Installation, set-up and processing of the FlexVision system is tightly integrated in the
professional editions of the FlexMail variable data printing software and the FlexStream
document processing software.
- All hardware components are included to quickly install the camera system on a
transport base, inserter or other hardware.
- With its integration in FlexMail and FlexStream, there is no additional computer
or software required.
- Plug and Play installation with automatic detection of both the FlexVision I/O
controller as well as any connected FlexVision cameras. Only one single TCP/IP
connection between the Vision system and the PC.
- See what the reader sees. Image based reader visualization allows you to see what
the reader sees for image review or no-read feedback, directly and completely
integrated in the FlexMail and FlexStream software.
- Setup from within the software with intelligent tuning of lighting and focus. By
putting the most common controls in a single window, allowing you to see how
different options affect the reader in real time.
- Powerful processing software completely integrated in FlexMail and FlexStream.
Processing is defined by filling out some simple setup windows. No programming
- Processing is defined by selecting a sequence of processing steps to be performed
on receiving input from cameras, digital inputs, serial connections and TCP/IP
- Processing steps include: data filtering, database lookup, database update,
marking records, matching values, sequence checking, printing, screen output,
setting outputs and alarm, and sending data over serial or TCP/IP connections.
Visual Basic can be used to define custom functions.
- Next to decoding and processing barcodes read by the camera, camera processing
includes in-line barcode grading for 1-D and 2-D barcodes and verification of
postal 4-state barcodes (e.g. IMB, Royal Mail 4-state etc.), and image