Here are some answers to FAQ's and tips for using the software. Please also check our
videos to see if we made an video addressing your question.
Improve the quality of color image on monochrome printers
||Color images on a FlexMail or FlexStream design will be converted to black and white
images by Windows when printed on a monochrome printer, not always giving the best
||Improve the quality of the printed image by doing the following:
- Add the color image to your design.
- On the picture menu ribbon select Image Control and choose Grayscale.
- or -
You can enhance the grayscaled colors even more by using our Color Adjuments tools.
This will improve the print quality over just printing the color image.
Using multi-line text files
||Opening a multi-line text file requires that you convert this file first to a regular database.
||To convert a multi-line text file to a database of the type you want:
- Select the data sheet.
- Select the Data Tools tab and click Convert Data in the Tools group.
- Click browse for the source file.
- Next to the file name box there is a pull down menu with file types. Change All databases (*.*)
to Multi-line Text File (*.txt; *.prn).
- Complete the other steps of the Multi-line Text Conversion wizard.
- Link the database you just created with the conversion to FlexMail.
Below you will find a discription of various technical topics that might be helpfull when installing, using and
maintaining the software.
Getting the latest version of the software
||Flex Systems is continuously working on improvements of the software and adding additional
features. In case your are experiencing any problems when using the software or want to have
access to the latest features we highly recommend to update to the latest version (build) that
is available to you.
|| You can update your installation to the latest build of the software in 3 ways:
- Start the software and select File -> Options -> Check for Updates.
- or -
- Use File Explorer to locate the folder were the software is installed and run
- or -
- Download the latest version of the software from the Flex Systems web-site and install it
over the current installation.
Entering activation code gives Error 10010
||During the final step of the activation of the software, error 10010 occurs
and the software is not activated.
||The error occurs when the Flex Systems server could not be reached. This could occur
when your computer is not connected to the internet of when access is blocked due to
||Do one of the following:
- Connect your computer to the internet or set up your firewall so that the software
has access to the Flex Systems server.
- Or -
- Activate the software without internet connection as follows:
- Get the Site code of your installation by starting the software and following
File -> Options -> Manage or Activate License.
- On the Flex Systems web-site click Support ->
- Select License Activation and enter both the Site code and Activation code
and fill out the other details.
- Select Generate and the activation code will be emailed to you.
- Copy the activation code from the email into the application on the screen
where you got the site code.
- Click Continue and the application will be licensed.
Set up your firewall
||Although the basic functionality of our software does not require an internet connection,
some modules (e.g. USPS processing) and features (automatic updates) do. Firewalls might block
our software when it tries to access our servers.
||To set up your firewall to give our software access to the Flex Systems server do one of the
- Add our the following applications to the firewall's allow list:
- FlexMail. exe and/or FlexStream.exe
- Or -
- Add the following sites to the list of trusted/allowed (web)sites
If needed, open port 80 (HTTP) and port 443 (HTTPS)
- *.flex-systems.com (Our application and patcher)
- *.tecwsapps.com (for USPS Postal Mail processing)
- *.tecsecurepay.com (for USPS Postal Mail processing)
Increasing the number of PDF files that can be opened in a project
||By default, the number of PDF files that can be opened in a project is limited to about 7.500.
When you try to link more files, the application might crash. This article describes how you
can increase the number of files that can be opened.
||Every PDF file that is opened requires a handle to a GDI object. By default, the number GDI
objects per process is limited by Windows to about 10.000. Since there are also GDI handles
necessary for other tasks, the number that is availabe for opening PDF files is around 7.500.
In Windows 10, there is a theoretical limit of 65,536 GDI handles per session. However, the
maximum number of GDI handles that can be opened per session is usually lower, since it is
affected by available memory. In Windows 2000 there is a limit of 16,384 GDI handles per
There is also a default per-process limit of GDI handles. This is the setting that limits the
number of PDF files that can be opened per project. To change this limit, set the following
In Windows 10, this value can be set to a number between 256 and 65,536. In Windows 2000 this
value can be set to a number between 256 and 16,384.
NOTE: After changing this setting, you have to Restart your computer.
Below you will find some topics covering installing and using FlexVision, FlexCapture and the Specialty Inkjet products.
Recommended IP addresses for FlexVision and HP2 Printer
||When you connect a FlexVision controller box, barcode readers, or the Specialty HP2 printer
to the network and FlexMail or FlexStream, you are basically free to choose the IP address.
However, for a stable and reliable connection we recommend you use a Class C IP adress.
Class C networks use a default subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and have 192-223 as their first
octet. The address 192.168.123.132 is a class C address. Its first octet is 192, which is
between 192 and 223, inclusive.
For FlexVision we recommend you use:
- Controller: 192.168.055.101
- Camera 1: 192.168.055.105
- Camera 2: 192.168.055.106
- Camera 3: 192.168.055.107
For the Specialty HP2 printer we recommend you use:
- Head 1: 192.168.055.110
- Head 2: 192.168.055.111
- Head 3: 192.168.055.112
- Head 4: 192.168.055.113
For all of the above recommended IP addresses use Submask 255.255.255.0.