A Complete Solution for Variable Data Printing
FlexMail is a variable data design
and printing solution, unmatched in its versatility and performance. FlexMail lets you
connect to your data, prepare the data for your project, design your output, and print at
high quality and speed on any printer.
There is no need for specialized personnel to design and/or operate the software. FlexMail
is easy to use because of its intuitive user interface incorporating ribbons, tooltips,
context sensitive help, and wizards that take users through more complex tasks. Because of
its close similarity to the latest Microsoft Office, it is very easy to understand FlexMail’s
user interface and operation.
The FlexMail software is international and multilingual. It supports the (postal) standards
of a growing list of countries. You can select the language version you want to use and switch
between languages if necessary.
FlexMail is available in three different editions, so no matter what source files you have,
what you need to design, or what your production requirements may be, there is a FlexMail
solution that fits your needs:
- FlexMail Basic
FlexMail Basic is the solution for users who need to produce designs with text,
barcodes and graphics using any database which are printed on small or medium size
- FlexMail Advanced
FlexMail Advanced offers extended database features like the ability to process
Pdf-files, tools for database management, and duplicate detection and removal.
The designer supports variable graphics, postal indicia, and duplex printing.
Together with the extended print production features, this is the perfect solution
for production environments.
- FlexMail Professional
Next to all the database, design, and printing features of the advanced edition,
the FlexMail Professional edition offers functionality to let you to integrate FlexMail
in your production environment to control the printer and production line and link
FlexMail to devices like camera systems, conveyors etc.
All FlexMail editions can be extended with postal modules to prepare mail according to the
postal standards of the United Kindom (Royal Mail™) and the United States (USPS®).
- Royal Mail™ Processing
The Royal Mail processing module offers powerful address lookup and verification
against the Royal Mail PAF® file, sorting for bulk mail, and generation and printing
of the Mailmark® code.
- USPS® Mail Processing
The address hygiene, dedupe, and presort services available through Flex Systems’
USPS mail processing module combined with the powerful design, printing, and mail
production features of FlexMail offer you an unsurpassed solution for USPS mail
FlexMail has been designed to enable every PC user - from beginners to experienced - to access
and prepare the data for a project simply and rapidly. Databases do not have to be imported,
but can be linked directly to a project. Additional fields can be created and added to the
dataset. Sorting and selecting the data for your project is a simple procedure.
- Link direct to all industry format databases like Access, dBase, Excel, HTML and XML-files,
and delimited and fixed length text files, plus ODBC links to any other format.
- Set up text files and databases residing in spreadsheets assisted by Wizards. Built-in
guess and parse functions make using these file types easier than ever before.
- Open and print files in Pdf-format. Use any data from the Pdf document for further
processing. The design may be enhanced in the FlexMail designer.
Selecting and Sorting
- Select the data you need and sort the data in the required order with easy to use filter
and sort functions. Simply build filters and sorts by selecting fields on screen or by
filling out dialogs.
- Save selections and sort order as queries that can be recalled at any time.
Additional Data Fields
A wide range of functions allow you to create additional data fields like:
- Counters for (sequential) numbering.
- Date/time fields in any format.
- Calculated fields based on Visual Basic procedures.
- Look-up fields to link to other data or translate codes to text or file names.
- Postal functions to generate contents of indicia and postal barcodes.
- Define, locate and process duplicate records according to your specifications within
a single file or across multiple files.
- Combine records from different input files into a single output file or process
suppression lists to remove records from a file.
- List conversion utilities allow you to change database formats and/or record layouts.
- Export the datasheet in any of the supported formats.
Use FlexMail to design variable-data documents, labels, and envelopes. FlexMail offers total
freedom in the definition of the layout. Layouts may include variable and static text, any kind
of barcode, variable and static graphics, postal indicia, and more. All without limitation.
- Add any fixed or variable text. Combine fields into a single line without unnecessary
spaces and remove blank lines. Choose any font or formatting.
- Supports over 80 different barcode, including 2-D barcodes and postal barcodes.
- Include fixed and variable graphics in a wide variety of formats anywhere in your layout.
- Color adjustment features allow you to correct colors of images so that they print better,
and save these as profiles.
- Add postal indicia and postage paid imprints for many countries.
- Work on any paper size. Support for all standard envelopes, paper, label sheets and
continuous label sizes, plus user defined sizes.
- Create multiple layouts in a single project.
- Conditionally select the layout to be printed or print multiple layouts per record in
the database. Duplex printing is also supported.
- Add a background image that can serve as background for design purposes, but may also
- Printer guides help to design a layout that can be printed at high quality and the highest
possible speed by your printer.
- For many countries postal guides are available to help you to design mail pieces that conform
to the postal specifications.
The FlexMail print engine gives you full control over the printer: from set-up to production
and maintenance tasks. It is designed to help you to get the best possible quality at the
highest possible speed. FlexMail can be fully integrated in the production line for maximum
Print Production Control
- Easy to use and flexible queuing mechanism to select the records to be printed.
- Records marked on the datasheet indicating their print status. Synchronized view of
designer and/or datasheet with records actually being printed.
- Print bar displaying all available feed-back from the printer, including print
speed, estimated completion time, and more. When available, ink levels are displayed
with the possibility to stop at low ink level.
- Support for printing on multiple printers simultaneously.
- Built-in print to Pdf support.
- Depending on the printer, FlexMail supports maintenance tasks like cleaning and aligning
printheads and replacement of print cartridges.
- A tool is available to calculate ink usage and costs based on the design and resolution.
- Fully customizable print logging can be set up to monitor machine usage up to producing
proof of print per page.
Custom Printer Support
- FlexMail supports a wide range of industry specific printers – from the smaller desktop
address printers to larger high speed mail tables or in-line printers. FlexMail
automatically makes optimal use of the build-in features of these printers like
overlays, macro’s, built-in barcodes, fonts etc. ensuring maximum control, throughput,
- Control of printer specific functions like inputs and outputs, sort signals, and more.
Production Line Integration
- FlexMail scripting allows you to integrate FlexMail in more complicated production
environments by supporting applications like printing-on-demand, synchronized
document inserting and printing, and print verification.
- Connect FlexMail to external input devices like camera systems and barcode readers
and process their input. FlexMail can look-up information in a database, update
databases, save information to files, print complete designs, and send control
signals to other devices.
FlexMail supports the following databases:
- Reading databases in the following formats: Access (97, 2000, 2007/2010),
dBase (III, IV, V), Excel (3, 4, 5-7, 97, 2000, 2007/2010), HTML files,
Lotus 1-2-3 (wk1, wk3, wk4), Paradox (3, 4, 5), Delimited text files,
Fixed length text files, XML-files, plus any other database format over
an ODBC link.
- FlexMail Advanced and Professional Editions also opens PDF and PDF/A
files 'as database'.
- Exporting databases to one of the following formats: Access, dBase, Excel,
HTML files, Lotus 1-2-3, Delimited text files, Fixed length text files, and
FlexMail supports the following barcodes:
- General barcodes: 2 of 5, 2 of 5 Interleaved, 2 of 7 Code, 3 of 9, Codabar,
Code 11, Code 128, Code 39, Code 39 Ext., Code 93, Code 93 Ext., Code B,
Databar Expanded, Databar Limited, Databar Omnidirectional, Databar Truncated,
Datalogic 2 of 5, EAN-13, EAN-8, EAN/UCC-128, EAN/UCC-14, GS1-128, HIBC LIC 128,
HIBC LIC 39, IATA 2 of 5, ISBN, ISSN, ISMN, ITF-14, ITF-6, Matrix 2/5, MSI,
NW-7, Plessey, PZN, SISAC, SSCC, Telepen, Telepen ASCII, Telepen Numeric,
UPC-A, UPC-E, UPC-E0, UPC-E1, USD-4.
- Two-dimensional Barcodes: Aztec, Codablock F, Code 16K, Code 49, Databar Stacked,
Databar Stacked Omnidirectional, Databar Expanded Stacked, DataMatrix, Maxicode,
PDF417, PDF417 (Micro), QR Code, QR Code (Micro).
- Postal Barcodes: 4-State; Australia Post; bpost Mail ID; China Postal Code;
Deutsche Post: Identcode, Leitcode, Matrixcode; Italian Post 39, 25; Japan Post;
Korean Post; Royal Mail: InfoMail Barcode A, RM4SCC; Singapore Post; Swiss
Post: A-Post, B-Post; TNT Post:
FIM Code, KIX; USPS: FIM A,B,C, Intelligent Mail Barcode, Postnet,
When using FlexMail in combination with a FlexMail printer driver and printer,
device barcodes may be supported as well, depending on the capabilities of the
- Postage Paid Imprints (PPI's) built-in for Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany,
Netherlands, United Kingdom, United States.
- German Premiumaddress: Infopost 22 x 22, Infopost 26 x 26, Premiumaddress Label,
Pressepost Randbeschriftung 52 x 52, Pressepost Randbeschriftung 16 x 48,
Pressepost Label, Responseplus
- Swiss Post: PP-Easy, PP-Business.
FlexMail supports the following graphic formats:
- Windows Metafiles (WMF/EMF), Jpeg files (JPEG/JPG), Bitmap files (BMP), GIF,
PDF Files, Portable Network Graphics (PNG), and Tagged Image File format (TIF/TIFF).
- FlexMail supports printing on any printer for which a Windows printer driver is
- Included in the FlexMail package are special printer drivers for the following
printer manufacterers: The PCL line of ASTRO printers, Neopost, Pitney Bowes,
Rena, Satas, Sanwa, Secap. FlexMail Basis also supports the Specialt HP2 and
- The Advanced version supports the XiJet (HP and Lexmark variants), and LexMark
(Mustang and Palomino).
- FlexMail Professional supports the TTP Meteor, Domino K600i and Specialty RG5
For successful installation and use of FlexMail, your system should meet the following requirements:
||Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012. All of these in both 32bit and 64bit.
||Windows 10 (64bit).
||Intel i5 ~2.66 Ghz.
||Intel core i7 ~3.2 Ghz.
|Free HD Space:
||1280 x 1024
||1920 x 1080
||Only required for Postal modules.
||Internet access for updates, online scripting help, easy licensing, latest
drivers, etc. Internet access is required for postal modules.