A Complete Solution for Document Processing
FlexStream is a document
processing solution, unmatched in its versatility and performance. FlexStream lets
you add scancodes to your documents to be used by your inserter and manipulate and
enhance the contents of your mailing. With FlexStream you can:
- Increase the integrity of your mailings by adding scancodes that can be used
- Reduce postage costs by combining documents intended for the same recipient
into a single mail piece.
- Save postage by using the optional postal presort modules.
- Turn your document into a marketing tool by adding conditional text, graphics
and barcodes and by utilizing selective inserts.
- Eliminate the costs of preprinted forms by adding overlays and digital inserts
to your documents.
- Convert traditional simplex printed documents to duplex to reduce paper costs
and provide additional postage savings.
- Save costs by e-mailing all or a selection of your documents.
FlexStream loads existing PDF files and runs independently of existing software,
so there is no need to change existing systems. Files are processed at high speeds
and the result may be printed on any printer.
There is no need for specialized personnel to operate the software. FlexStream is
easy to use because of its intuitive user interface incorporating ribbons, tooltips,
context sensitive help, and wizards that take users through more complex tasks.
Because of its close similarity to the latest Microsoft Office, it is very easy to
understand FlexStream’s user interface and operation. The FlexStream software is
available in several languages.
FlexStream comes in three different editions so, depending on your production
requirements, you can select a FlexStream solution that fits your needs:
- FlexStream Basic
FlexStream Basic is the solution for users who need to add scancodes
(OMR, 1D or 2D BCR) to PDF files without the need to change the existing
- FlexStream Advanced
In addition to adding scancodes, FlexStream Advanced offers extended
document manipulation and enhancement features for users who need to
add additional contents or want to change the layout of documents.
- FlexStream Professional
FlexStream Professional adds document management features like digital
inserts, e-mail capabilities, archiving documents, and closed loop
FlexStream can be extended with additional services supporting postal processing for the
USA and United Kingdom and Secure & Tracked email.
- Postal Processing
Postal modules allow you to prepare mail according to the postal standards
of the United Kindom (Royal Mail™) and the United States (USPS®). Services
include address verification and lookup, postal sortation, and printing of
the required documents and output.
- Secure & Tracked Email
FlexStream offers a robust secure and tracked email service for sensitive
business documents. FlexStream makes it easy to select the documents to be
emailed, send the emails with the confidence that they will reach their
intended recipients without passing into the wrong hands, and offers extensive
tracking, audit, and follow-up functionality.
FlexStream Basic is the solution for users who need to add scancodes (OMR, 1D or 2D BCR)
to their documents to increase integrity and enable automatic processing on inserters and
who want to reduce costs by combining documents for the same addressee into a single mail
- Open one or more document files in PDF or PDF/A format.
- Change the input document to duplex, remove leading and trailing pages
and scale and move the contents of the pages.
Document Breaks and Grouping
- Extract text or graphics from your PDF documents to be used for further processing
in print objects or to make comparisons and decisions inside the program.
- Define breaks that mark the end of one document and the beginning of another.
- Group documents for the same recipient into single mail items (sets) based on
data contained in the documents.
- Previewing results of breaking, grouping, sorting and conditional scancode marks
in a datasheet.
- A job summary lists the details of the processed input files, the documents and
sets made, and selective feeds. It also includes operator instructions.
- Use templates for recurring jobs, eliminating the need to set up jobs that
are run on a regular basis.
- Automate processing by using FlexStream’s powerful batch processing feature.
- Add scancodes for your inserter. Pre-defined scancodes for inserters of all major
manufacturers are included in the program. FlexStream supports OMR and scancodes
based on 1-D and 2-D barcodes.
- Define custom scancodes if necessary.
- Guides help you in positioning the scancode according to the specifications of
- Scancodes can be made opaque and blank out areas can be added to cover unwanted
elements on your layout.
FlexStream Advanced is designed to manipulate and enhance existing PDF documents. All features
of the basic edition to add scancodes to documents are available. On top of that the Advanced
edition enables users to add (conditional) text, graphics and barcodes to the document to turn
documents into promotional tools.
Advanced Document Options
- Link to PDF document files in different layouts. This makes it possible to combine
e.g invoices and orders or shipping documents in a single mail piece.
Advanced Processing Features
- Document break definition and grouping features as in FlexStream Basic.
- Sort sets and documents within a set in the required order. E.g. sort your sets
on postcode and the documents in a set on invoice number.
- Job splitting based on any condition (e.g. set size) to divide a job in batches
to be handled separately.
Additional Data Fields
- Next to text and graphics captured from the document, data may be based on
- Look-up fields to link document data to other data contained in databases or to
generate filenames for variable graphics.
- Date/time fields in any format.
- Calculated fields based on Visual Basic procedures.
- Postal functions to generate contents of indicia and postal barcodes.
- Add scancodes (for a full description, see FlexStream Basic).
- Add any fixed or variable text based on a condition.
- Supports over 80 different barcodes, including 2-D barcodes and postal barcodes.
- Include fixed and variable graphics in a wide variety of formats.
- Add postal indicia and postage paid imprints.
- Add overlays to your documents.
- Dynamic (conditional) input paper tray selection (e.g to print first or last page of
a document on specific paper).
- Print output on multiple printers.
- Output to multiple PDF-files.
- Export data from the generated datasheet.
FlexStream Professional adds document management features like adding digital inserts,
email capabilities and preparing documents for archiving. FlexStream Professional also
offers features for closed loop processing with verification and reprints.
- Add digital inserts. These are pages from PDF files that are (conditionally)
added to the documents before the documents are printed.
- Digital inserts can be conditional and variable, so inserts can be added
depending on the contents or number of pages of the main document.
- Digital inserts can be added to each document or once per mail piece only.
Closed Loop Processing
- Export job and set data to a file for processing by the inserter in any
user defined format.
- Import job and set data for comparison with the printed job for
verification and reprinting.
- Documents can be removed from the print stream and be emailed instead.
Documents may also be emailed and printed. All based on a condition you
- The email with the attached documents can be mailed using SMTP or an
Exchange pick-up directory, or by using the Secure and Tracked email
- Digital inserts and digital versions of selective feeds can be included
in the emailed document.
- Digital copies in PDF format of the (e-)mailed documents can be saved
to a directory to be archived.
- Optionally include digital inserts and/or digital versions of any selective
insert which was added on the inserter to the archived documents.
FlexStream opens and reads the following documents:
- Adobe compatible PDF Files
- Adobe compatible PDF/A Files.
The following data types may be captured from the documents:
- Text in any font.
- Any type of graphics.
- 1-D (Linear) barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 39 Ext., Code 93, Code 128, 2 of 5 Interleaved,
Codabar, Patch Code, and EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E (all with 2 and 5 digit supplements)
- 1-D Postal barcodes: USPS PostNet, USPS Planet, USPS Intelligent Mail Barcode, Royal Mail RM4SCC,
and Australia Post.
- 2-D barcodes: PDF-417, DataMatrix, QR Code, and Micro QR Code.
OMR and BCR Marks
Depending on the capabilities of your insterter, FlexStream can generate the following
OMR and BCR Marks:
- Read marks: bench mark, safety, partity, and re-timing marks.
- Integrity marks: page number, page count, page sequence, set sequence.
- Collation marks: (Not)Beginning of collation, (Not)End of Collation.
- Selective feed marks and selective operation marks like divert, stop, seal etc.
- Supported coding types are OMR, Code39, Code128, 2 of 5, and Datamatrix.
- CMC: Turbocode.
- Formax: 6202, 6302, 6304, 6402, 6602, 6900 and 7100 Series.
- FPi: FPi2000-2, FPi4030, FPi4500, FPi5500, FPi6500.
- Grützmacher: Easy, Easy Light, Challenge Pro Series.
- Hasler: M3000, M5000, M5500, M7000, M8600, M9000, PS100, PS140.
- KAS: Compact, Mailmaster 465HS, Mailmaster 565HS.
- Neopost: DS-62, DS-70, DS-75, DS-80, DS-86, SI-92, DS-100, DS-140.
- Pitney Bowes: DI380, DI425, DI500, DI600, DI880, DI900, DI950, DI4080,
DI4100, DI6080, DI6100.
- Plockmatic 4000 System.
- Secap: SI3300, SI3500, SI4200, SI4400, SI5200, SI5400.
- Any other inserter over fully custimizable scancodes in OMR, Code39, Code128,
2of5, and Datamatrix formats.
For successful installation and use of FlexStream, your system should meet the following requirements:
||Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012. All of these in both 32bit and 64bit.
||Windows 10 (64bit).
||Intel i5 ~2.66 Ghz.
||Intel core i7 ~3.2 Ghz.
|Free HD Space:
||1280 x 1024
||1920 x 1080
||Only required for Postal and Secure and Tracked email modules.
||Internet access for updates, online scripting help, easy licensing, latest drivers, etc.